Those of you who follow my Twitter feed know that I recently finished reading a book called My Inventions by Nikola Tesla. Before reading this book, I had a nominal knowledge of Tesla. I read a short biography on him back when I was in high school, and I was aware of his hero status on the internet, but reading his life story in his own words gave me a new appreciation for the man.
- Homer in Iceland
- The best graduation speech, ever.
- Where to find “Tales of the Elves: Icelandic Folktales for Children.”
- The Worlds Revolve
- Jorinda and Joringel, Part 2
- Data-mining for Screenplays
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Happy 94th birthday to Pete Seeger!
- Permission to be ourselves
- Secondhand Lions: a movie review
- Remembering Ritchie Havens
- Eccentrics, Those Very Peculiar People
- Mischievous Penguin Comics
- Friday Flower Fiesta (4-19-13) — Peace
- The Second Coming by W.B. Yeats
Tags2012 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events ebooks economics editors and agents Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore history holidays humor imagination movies Music Myth News Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 Psychology publishing religion Science screenwriting short stories spirituality stories Tibet travel writing
- 50,678 hits