- The original Ghostbusters: The English Society for the Extermination of Ghosts (1908)
- The Dalai Lama on Hope
- Homer in Iceland
- The best graduation speech, ever.
- Where to find “Tales of the Elves: Icelandic Folktales for Children.”
- The Worlds Revolve
- Jorinda and Joringel, Part 2
- Data-mining for Screenplays
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Happy 94th birthday to Pete Seeger!
- Permission to be ourselves
- Secondhand Lions: a movie review
- Remembering Ritchie Havens
- Eccentrics, Those Very Peculiar People
- Mischievous Penguin Comics
Tags2012 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events ebooks economics editors and agents Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore history holidays humor imagination movies Music Myth News Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 Psychology publishing religion Science screenwriting short stories spirituality stories Tibet travel writing
- 50,850 hits
Category Archives: Holidays and Festivals
Monday, February 11, marks Losar, the Tibetan New Year, and the start of 2140, the Year of the Water Snake. The new year festivities begin with prayers and good wishes for family, friends, and all sentient beings. Tibetans believe that Shakyamuni … Continue reading
Gotta love this, even if some of the filmmakers have way too much time on their hands… Much better than the Jingle Cats, don’t you think?
When I was between the ages of 15 and 17, my family lived in France. One day in the flea markets outside Paris, I found a little brass box that bore my initials, MM, as well as a woman’s head … Continue reading