- The Dalai Lama on Hope
- Homer in Iceland
- The best graduation speech, ever.
- Where to find “Tales of the Elves: Icelandic Folktales for Children.”
- The Worlds Revolve
- Jorinda and Joringel, Part 2
- Data-mining for Screenplays
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Happy 94th birthday to Pete Seeger!
- Permission to be ourselves
- Secondhand Lions: a movie review
- Remembering Ritchie Havens
- Eccentrics, Those Very Peculiar People
- Mischievous Penguin Comics
- Friday Flower Fiesta (4-19-13) — Peace
Tags2012 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events ebooks economics editors and agents Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore history holidays humor imagination movies Music Myth News Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 Psychology publishing religion Science screenwriting short stories spirituality stories Tibet travel writing
- 50,751 hits
Category Archives: humor
Readers of this blog know I am a fan of things Icelandic and a fan of The Simpsons. I was delighted last night to discover a little known saga on the final show of season 24 of our longest running … Continue reading
“If you want to believe in something, believe in it. Doesn’t matter if it isn’t true. You believe in it anyway.” Hub McCann (Robert Duvall) in Secondhand Lions The recent death of country music star George Jones, reminded me of … Continue reading
Reblogged from Malcolm's Corner: Extreme ironing is a peculiarly British activity involving ironing clothes in remote and strange locations. That this activity originated in Britain should be no surprise, as the British have a reputation for producing world class eccentrics … Continue reading
Reblogged from Orkinpod: OK, I’ll admit it – I’m up for a bit of humor and frivolity these days. And as a fan of Iceland as well as Ragnar and the gang on “The Vikings,” I’m grateful to Orkinpod for … Continue reading
Gotta love this, even if some of the filmmakers have way too much time on their hands… Much better than the Jingle Cats, don’t you think?