- Homer in Iceland
- The best graduation speech, ever.
- Where to find “Tales of the Elves: Icelandic Folktales for Children.”
- The Worlds Revolve
- Jorinda and Joringel, Part 2
- Data-mining for Screenplays
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Happy 94th birthday to Pete Seeger!
- Permission to be ourselves
- Secondhand Lions: a movie review
- Remembering Ritchie Havens
- Eccentrics, Those Very Peculiar People
- Mischievous Penguin Comics
- Friday Flower Fiesta (4-19-13) — Peace
- The Second Coming by W.B. Yeats
Tags2012 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events ebooks economics editors and agents Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore history holidays humor imagination movies Music Myth News Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 Psychology publishing religion Science screenwriting short stories spirituality stories Tibet travel writing
- 50,635 hits
Tag Archives: Animals
Gotta love this, even if some of the filmmakers have way too much time on their hands… Much better than the Jingle Cats, don’t you think?
What you’ve heard about this movie is true: it’s the tale of a boy who winds up in a lifeboat in the Pacific with a Bengal tiger. It’s also true that most critics have praised The Life of Pi. I’m … Continue reading
I was looking for just the right word for “think over” and pulled out Webster’s Dictionary to check precise meanings. Here are some of the definitions I found: ponder, from the Latin pondare – to weigh, mentally; think deeply about; … Continue reading
Lewis Richmond, an ordained Zen priest and author of Aging as a Spiritual Practice, began his studies 40 years ago with the renowned teacher, Shunryu Suzuki Roshi. Richmond relates that one day, after a talk, a student said, “Suzuki Roshi – … Continue reading