OK, I’ll admit it – I’m up for a bit of humor and frivolity these days. And as a fan of Iceland as well as Ragnar and the gang on “The Vikings,” I’m grateful to Orkinpod for introducing me to a new mythic creature, the fearsome Viking Chicken (shudder).
- Signs of difficult times
- Notes on Truth
- Notes from 2017 – A Funeral in India
- Notes from 2017 – Time to save Big Bird again!
- Notes from 2017 – Infrastructure
- Notes from 2017 – The Day of the Dove
- Notes from 2017 – The dreams of our ancestors
- Notes from 2017 – #TheResistance, one week in
- Notes from 2017 – What is your innermost truth?
- Notes from 2017 – Our Democracy
- Notes from 2017: Who doesn’t love a hero?
- Notes from 2017 – An American hero
Tags2012 2013 2014 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events Dogs ebooks economics editors and agents Events Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore ghosts history holidays humor Iceland imagination James Hillman Meditation movies Music Myth Nature News Notes from 2017 Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 postaweek2014 Psychology publishing religion Science science fiction screenwriting short stories spirituality stories technology Tibet travel westerns WPlongform writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Marina, a poem by T.S. Eliot
- Jung's Tower: simplicity and the inner life
- Two Poems by Rumi
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Celebrate Banned Books Week
- I'm not dead yet
- The North Wind's Gift: a trickster tale from Italy
- Face Rock, Bandon, Oregon
- A Childhood Story I Have Never Forgotten: The Death of Balder
- 101 Things that Made America