- Notes from 2017 – Time to save Big Bird again!
- Notes from 2017 – Infrastructure
- Notes from 2017 – The Day of the Dove
- Notes from 2017 – The dreams of our ancestors
- Notes from 2017 – #TheResistance, one week in
- Notes from 2017 – What is your innermost truth?
- Notes from 2017 – Our Democracy
- Notes from 2017: Who doesn’t love a hero?
- Notes from 2017 – An American hero
- Notes from 2017: A Winter Feast for the Soul
- Notes from 2017: Six ways to be miserable (and one way to be happy).
- Notes from 2017 – Predictions and Prophecies
Tags2012 2013 2014 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events Dogs ebooks economics editors and agents Events Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore ghosts history holidays humor Iceland imagination James Hillman Meditation movies Music Myth Nature News Notes from 2017 Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 postaweek2014 Psychology publishing religion Science science fiction screenwriting short stories spirituality stories technology Tibet travel westerns WPlongform writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Marina, a poem by T.S. Eliot
- Jung's Tower: simplicity and the inner life
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Two Poems by Rumi
- Hell or High Water: a movie review
- The 10,000 Idiots
- The 2015 Pinocchio Awards
- Skinwalkers by Tony Hillerman: A book review
- Once Upon a Time: On the Nature of Fairy Tales by Max Luthi
Tag Archives: News
Cyberspace is atwitter – literally – with news of Mr. Trump’s call for renewed stockpiling of nuclear weapons. DON’T FALL FOR THE SLIGHT OF HAND! We’ve been down this road before. How often, in the face of scandal, has this … Continue reading
“I cross the Green Mountain I sit by the stream Heaven blazing in my head I dreamed a monstrous dream Something came up Out of the sea Swept through the land of The rich and the free” – Bob Dylan
Originally posted on witchlike:
? Oh, you silly, silly humans. Why all the nail biting, my dears? Clearly, at the beginning of this World Series, I promised you I would lift the curse. I signed the agreement with my hoof…
The voice on a recent robo-call, in the masculine-but-chirpy tone of a game show host, said, “Hi, this is Tod, here to tell you your fulfillment package is ready! Having just come from the meditation room, I wondered what kind of … Continue reading
Displacement: Psychiatry A psychological defense mechanism in which there is an unconscious shift of emotions, affect, or desires from the original object to a more acceptable or immediate substitute. Any questions?
Almost four years ago, I posted Change is the Only Constant, a discussion of the December, 2012 report of the National Intelligence Council, a consortium of the 16 major U.S. intelligence agencies. Since 1997, they have issued comprehensive reports on … Continue reading
Studies in the psychology of happiness list the factors that contribute to wellbeing. Not surprisingly, good health is most important, followed closely by a satisfying social network. Having money for necessities and simple comforts is important, though the curve flattens … Continue reading