- Notes from 2017 – A Funeral in India
- Notes from 2017 – Time to save Big Bird again!
- Notes from 2017 – Infrastructure
- Notes from 2017 – The Day of the Dove
- Notes from 2017 – The dreams of our ancestors
- Notes from 2017 – #TheResistance, one week in
- Notes from 2017 – What is your innermost truth?
- Notes from 2017 – Our Democracy
- Notes from 2017: Who doesn’t love a hero?
- Notes from 2017 – An American hero
- Notes from 2017: A Winter Feast for the Soul
- Notes from 2017: Six ways to be miserable (and one way to be happy).
Tags2012 2013 2014 Animals art authors blog blogging book reviews books Buddhism contests Culture current events Dogs ebooks economics editors and agents Events Fairytales fantasy fiction fictional characters folklore ghosts history holidays humor Iceland imagination James Hillman Meditation movies Music Myth Nature News Notes from 2017 Novels photography plots poetry politics postaweek2011 postaweek2014 Psychology publishing religion Science science fiction screenwriting short stories spirituality stories technology Tibet travel westerns WPlongform writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Marina, a poem by T.S. Eliot
- Jung's Tower: simplicity and the inner life
- Jorinda and Joringel: a fairytale from The Brothers Grimm
- Two Poems by Rumi
- The Water of Life
- Skinwalkers by Tony Hillerman: A book review
- Go I Know Not Whither, Bring Back I Know Not What - Part 1
- Tales of the Elves: Icelandic Folktales for Children
- Throughlines in Novels and Screenplays
- Assurance: a poem by William Stafford and autumn photographs
Tag Archives: New Colossus
My paternal great great grandfather Gustav, a farmer, was born in the Alsace-Lorraine, a region on the French/German border that had been fought over since the time of Louis XIV. As a young man, grandfather Gustav, his two brothers, and … Continue reading